Are you in the mood to eat something light but you’re sick and tired of eating nothing but leafy greens? Look no further! Here’s a quick recipe for quinoa salad that can be prepared in bulk and stored for a few days for those of you who live busy lives:
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups of water
- Any veggies you want! (Corn, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Carrots, Olives, or anything you have on hand/like!)
- 1 Lemon or Lime
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the water and quinoa into a pot and bring to a boil. Afterwards, reduce the heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa has been cooked. Let the quinoa cool afterwards to avoid cooking your veggies!
- After letting the quinoa cool, toss in the vegetables (after you’ve chopped, diced or shredded them to your preferred size!)
- Drizzle a table spoon of olive oil over the salad and squeeze a lemon/lime over the salad as well.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the salad thoroughly and enjoy!
For only 10-15minutes of cooking time, you can prepare a healthy and delicious meal or snack. You can always be productive with your time as well by chopping your veggies, or washing your dishes as the quinoa cooks and cools. The olive oil and citrus dressing is light and refreshing as opposed to some other store bought dressings. Quinoa is a great alternative to rice and will help fill you up without the need for meat! Quinoa contains quite a bit of fiber, protein and has numerous health benefits which you can read more about here!
Let us know what you think and share your own recipes and meal ideas with us on Instagram! Don’t forget to include #30daychallenge on your pictures if you’re taking part in our Taste Cleanse Challenge.